Saturday, November 7, 2009

St. Paul de Vence

This was a problematic painting I took with me to the Masters Class in Color and Glazing given by Edward Povey in March 2011. With glazes it acquired more depth and architectural clarity.



I did some alterations on this. The version above is what it currently looks like.



I started this in St. Paul de Vence after schlepping all my equipment up the steep cobbled alleys and doing a bit of exploration. What a beautiful place the old walled city is, and filled with art galleries. I went back without my art supplies a couple of days later and visited all that were open. If we'd gone in the summer, the streets and alleys would have been wall to wall tourists, but at this time of year it was generally possible to set up easels and paint without being an impediment to foot or motor traffic.

1 comment: